- Exploring India’s vibrant capital, Delhi.
- The Toy Train Journey crawling up through the spectacular scenery of hills – a fun experience!
- Discover former capital of the British Raj, Simla and also discover why they came here by exploring the surrounding countryside.
- Dharamsala, home of the Tibetans in exile and the Dalai Lama, a Buddhist exploration!
- Amritsar, an important city for Sikhs and home to the Golden Temple, and some great street food!
India is a melting pot of cultures, having been invaded by many different nationalities and it also has a rich and wonderful religious diversity, welcoming and accepting all into its fold. In this itinerary, as well as showing you the monuments and sights, we explore at the rich diversity of the religions of the country, from the former British Hill Station and the influences of the British Raj (and where the Independence Agreement was drawn up) to the hills around Dharamsala with their Tibetan and Buddhist influences and the most holy place for Sikhs, the Golden Temple at Amritsar. But its not just about religion, you will discover the differences in architecture and food as well as exploring some wonderful scenery and extraordinary monuments. Only in India!
|1||After you arrive at your hotel, the rest of the day will be at leisure.||Delhi||Claridges|
|2||Full day sightseeing of Delhi.||Delhi||Claridges|
|3||Take the toy train to Simla, venture beyond to the beautiful Mashobra.||Mashobra||Wildflower Hall|
|4||A full day sightseeing tour of Simla, the former British Capital.||Mashobra||Wildflower Hall|
|5||Day walks in the surrounding countryside, exploring historical places and beautiful scenery.||Mashobra||Wildflower Hall|
|6||A long but pretty drive to Dharamsala.||Dharamshala||Chonor House|
|7||A full day sightseeing of Dharamsala.||Dharamsala||Chonor House|
|8||Explore the surrounding countryside||Dharamshala||Chonor House|
|8||Drive to Amritsar, evening visit of the Wagah Border.||Amritsar||Taj Swarna|
|9||Morning visit of the Golden Temple, afternoon street food tour of the old city.||Amritsar||Taj Swarna|
|10||Transfer to Delhi|
|11||Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.||Delhi||Claridges|