- Spend three days exploring the City of Joy, Kolkata a city made up of old world charm and a fascinating history.
- Marvel at the Victoria Memorial, the colours at the flower market, enjoy a tram ride and the fabulous antiques at the Marble Palace.
- Discover the real story behind the ‘Black Hole of Calcutta”
- Enjoy an evening boat ride on the Hooghly River.
- Visit the former British Hill Station of Darjeeling.
- Take a ride on the famous The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, also known as the Toy Train & a UNESCO Heritage Site.
- Witness the extraordinary sunrise over the mountains at Tiger Hill.
- Discover the tea that made this hill station famous.
- Stay in a former Zamindars Palace, now lovingly and painstakingly restored.
It is so easy to rush around India, ticking off the main highlights and dash off to the next destination. However, we believe that there is more to India than its monuments, in our less is more collection of itineraries, we give you that space, add a night in each destination allowing you the time to discover that little bit more that interests you whether that be the food, the people, the art or just allowing you to have some time to relax! This itinerary takes in three completely different destinations, the charming, old world yet hectic city of Kolkata, the former British Hill station of Darjeeling famous for its views, the toy train and of course, Darjeeling Tea and then to discover village life, little changed despite modernisation but from the luxury of a former Zamindars palace. This itinerary allows you to discover many different aspects of India, at your own pace.
|1||After you arrive at your hotel, the rest of the day will be at leisure.||Kolkata||The Oberoi Grand|
|2||Full day to Kolkata Sightseeing – day tour.||Kolkata||The Oberoi Grand|
|3||Full day to Kolkata Sightseeing – day tour & Boat Ride||Kolkata||The Oberoi Grand|
|4||Transfer to Darjeeling||Darjeeling||Windermere|
|5||Full Day Sightseeing Darjeeling||Darjeeling||Windermere|
|6||Sightseeing Tiger Hill Morning Visit + Toy Train Ride||Darjeeling||Windermere|
|7||Fly to Kolkata and drive to Rajbari.||The 24 Parganas||The Rajbari Bawali|
|8||Enjoy Local Activites at Rajbari – NO TRANSPORT||The 24 Parganas||The Rajbari Bawali|
|9||Enjoy Local Activites at Rajbari – NO TRANSPORT||The 24 Parganas||The Rajbari Bawali|