- A night in India’s vibrant capital, Delhi.
- An overnight train journey – always an experience!
- Corbett National Park, wild elephants, tigers and over 580 species of birds.
- Kaziranga famous for its one-horned rhino population, brought back from being an endangered species.
- Dibrugarh, the tea capital of India.
- Calcutta, a city which still exudes an old world Indian charm.
- Rajbari Bawali – a unique and newly restored Zamindars Palace, the perfect place to relax at the end of a hectic trip.
Uttarakhand and West Bengal are two extraordinarily beautiful states in India, verdant and green and teeming with wildlife and a rich and varied culture. The wildlife in this region varies from the better known parks of Madhya Pradesh as, in addition to tigers, leopards and bears, these parks individually also have wild Asian elephants and the one -horned rhino, recently brought back from extinction! Dibrugarh is renowned for that classic British cuppa, tea and Calcutta was the original capital of British India and is a wonderful mélange of British Colonial architecture and influences and archetypical old world India – it is unique, welcoming and charming!
|1||After you arrive at your hotel, the rest of the day will be at leisure.||Delhi||Holiday Inn|
|2||Full day sightseeing of Delhi before taking the overnight train to Ramnagar.||Train||Train|
|3||On arrival, transfer to the hotel. Morning nature walk, evening safari.||Corbett||Jim’s Jungle Retreat|
|4||Morning and afternoon game drives.||Corbett||Jim’s Jungle Retreat|
|5||Morning and afternoon game drives.||Corbett||Jim’s Jungle Retreat|
|6||Morning at leisure, nature walk etc. transfer to the station for the overnight train to Delhi.||Train|
|7||Fly to Guhawati and drive to Kaziranga.||Kaziranga||Diphlu Lodge|
|8||Morning and afternoon game drives.||Kaziranga||Diphlu Lodge|
|9||Morning and afternoon game drives.||Kaziranga||Diphlu Lodge|
|10||Drive to Guhawati, afternoon exploring the tea plantations.||Dibrugarh||Mancotta Chang Bungalow|
|11||Day at leisure to explore the local area.||Dibrugarh||Mancotta Chang Bungalow|
|12||Transfer to the airport for the flight to Calcutta. Evening boat ride.||Calcutta||Oberoi Grand|
|13||Day exploring Calcutta.||Calcutta||Oberoi Grand|
|14||Transfer to the 24 Parganas, just outside Calcutta.||Rajbari||Rajbari Bawali|
|15||Day at leisure.||Rajbari||Rajbari Bawali|
|16||Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.|